Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Friday, 28 October 2011

uhm, you missed my jugular

Being smart is sometimes fun. Working in order to be smart is not fun. Therefore, I’m all for dropping out and being in the race for ‘least dumb’.
This is the time for me to confess my love for carpentry, I guess. After mental breakdown number uncountable-and-one, I ventured back to el-hickfil and helped popa bear put up the siding on his toy box. Now, children, this thing is giant and not to be messed with. As a giant cement slab, it was once used as our ice rink in the winter. Its makeover has taken many months and boxes and boxes of monopoly money but soo worth it-she’s a beaut. Anyways, we were just nailing along and moma-the-meatloaf came out and announced her departure to get her claws trimmed and I thought the lioness on my head needed some grooming as well.
In my work boots and dirty old plaid shirt we left our small town and into the big city lights where there are more people, none of which rep-ing the dirtness. Sadface. Moma-the-meatloaf dropped me off at the haircutters’ restaurant (apparently I don’t get out much and don’t know the correct terminology…the salon) and I awaited my one-on-one scissor time with a stranger's scissors very close to my jugular…

Procrastination time is up, peeps. Next time: Hairstylists small talk 101

Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment