Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Saturday, 5 November 2011

And I'm Out.

There comes a point in your studying and work career, that one breaks, and there is nothing left to do but take a break. Midterms, assignments and money have jointly pushed me over the inevitable edge to failure. With the drop of one class coming Wednesday, comes the drop of my program and my University at the end of the semester. I am very upset to become a statistic of dropping out, and I am not proud to be posting about this, however, I feel like people should know; not all University/school drop outs are lazy or druggies or stupid. Sometimes, it is the pressure of handling all of the things that push their brains too far. University is for the strong, smart brains not the easy-going, fun-loving, hardworking individuals whose brains are easily filled with external thoughts. I did not succeed. I could not succeed. Do I wish I was stronger? Yes, way back in the beginning to say 'no' university just isnt for me.

Darn out and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment