Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Thursday, 17 November 2011

Happy Birthday Bro!


So the sotry behind this one...

I live over 2 hours away from my family and until a little while ago, they really missed the handiness of me being there as a third driver for earinds and stuff. My brother just got his licence (G2) in the summer and finally got some money to pay my parents to be put under their insurance so he can drive. He decided to go to EB Games and trade in a few of his video games. You have to be 18 to do this, but he didnt know that, so he went anyways. The lady asked if she could see his ID and he gve it to her. Upon examination, she said to him, "sorry, you have to be 18 to trade in your games. Come back in November?"  Hello, lady...he is turning 17 in November, not 18.

Therefore, my message to all gamers in the world: Wow. Just. Wow.

When I came home for a visit the following weekend, we went back and I had to trade in the video games for him. All the little teenage boys were staring at me as if they had never saw a girl before in their life.

Therefore, my message to all gamers in the world: I DONT BITE

I dont hate all gamers. Some of my best guy friends are in Game Development, and it is a tough program. I love you guys, I dislike the creepy Game Dev kids who make me into a video game.

Therefore, my message to all gamers in the world: Dont have secret crushes and make video games with them as a character so you can 'play with them' or there will be a rebellion. That's all.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment