Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Thursday, 3 November 2011

The never-ending cycle

What I hate most is my own lack of achievement. I know what my abilities are and I know when I am living up to them. I haven’t been for a while now and it’s so frustrating. I think this is really the only regret that I find myself with over and over again. I struggle with a lack of motivation and with allowing myself to become too busy to actually be who I know I can be. I have all of these ideas and dreams yet I wake up and find myself simply getting through each day. I’m becoming lost in these days and weeks that are all the same.
I need something to break me out of this cycle. I need to do it myself, yet I don’t because I know what that means. It means discomfort and change. It means struggle and hard work. It means doing the right thing to stay true to who I am and not always taking the easy path. But the rewards are worth it. I need to remind myself of this.

Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment