Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

City girl meets small town life

The title says it all...I am confused. I am wondering why I am going to venture through the unfamiliar public transit system to meet my parents downtown Toronto. It is exam time and I should be studying, but my painfully stubborn mother never ever wants to wear glasses, so after 2 eye sugeries, she has decided to go through with this 'final one' that promises her correct vision for the rest of her life. Im sorry, but I'm a strong believer in 'when you lose one thing you gain another'. She is gaining this profound stubbornness as she is losing her eyesight, and, coincidently, her mind.

Someone needs a reality kick, and perhaps it is me for agreeing to go visit her at the hotel they are staying at as she has to go back the next day. Perhaps its me for agreeing to go to Toronto by myself right before I am actually able to open my gifts... I wanna at least know what I get for christmas before I get stolen from the underground tunnels beneith a city that is 9876543 times bigger than I am used to. I dont even know how to work a subway- at least I can only chose one of 2 directions for them. Im really bad with math, but I think the probability of me chosing the wrong direction is about 102% and probably 3 times in a row.

Updates will come...
Wish me luck...

Darn good and unsure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment