Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Friday, 16 December 2011

Happy Birthday Mother Chevy Trucker !!

 (Cheers to finally blowing out nineteen candles)
(What else will you be blowing tonight?)

Happy Birthday to my fellow asian, and first University friend. Me love you long time :)

I made her a cake last night as she was at home, and coming back at about 10pm ish. I got back from my Toronto trip (which I will post my documentation at a later date) and I started baking the cake so it would be fridge-ready by the time she got back. Well she was a little early and I had to hurry and hide the cakes still in the pans on some chairs behind the counter island as she was walking up the stairs. She put some things away in the fridge which she had brought from home, and went upstairs to finish unpacking. She went into Ca.'s room where she said "I think adot and Ch. are making cookies and they didnt even offer me one". Ca knew I was making the cake as I had to borrow a fresh egg from her, so she responded with, 'Oh, sorta rude, eh?'

Ca. messaged me saying Sh. thought I was making cookies, and luckily, my mother had given me some ready-to-bake cookies, which I quickly threw in the oven to cover my cake story. Ca. and I had a good laugh over this as (a.) Ch. cant eat cookies no no need for her to make any, (b.) I would never eat anything without offering to share, and (c.) the house smelled of CAKE not SUGAR COOKIE yah dummy :p

Ohh my widdle blonde asian, I notice more and more every day how much I am going to miss you next year...


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment