Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 23 January 2012

The Colour Wheel

For lunch yesterday, I made myself a wrap with a compilation of the food I still had in my fridge. It consisted of: Cottage cheese, bacon, sweet potato hummus, red pepper, sweet peas, baby corns, and some honey mustard drizzled on top. It looked pretty…
Sometimes, when you mix some very vibrant colours together, it turns out good. I personally like it when blue and red mix together and make purple, the greatest colour ever.  Whereas, on their own, blue and red are very unique- you can’t mix anything to get them.  
If you were to take purple, now, and mix it with another colour, like orange, you make a gross colour of brown. Brown is not that pretty of a colour on its own, but when it is put below green, it makes a tree. My friend used to say his favourite colour was brown because it ‘complemented his skin tone’.
It’s weird. Sometimes it isn’t the most beautiful things in life that make people the happiest. It could be the dull things that you see every day, that we eventually phase out to be colourless are actually truly colourful things all mixed into one.
I seem to have too many beautiful colours happening all around me. I can’t seem to distinguish them each as their own individual slice of awesomeness. My entire house is falling apart. We have been mixed together for too long and we are forgetting how great each other is when we are not put into situations that we have been forced into.
I miss those times when we were all individuals all held together in a wrap of goodness with some craziness drizzled on top. People telling us we are crazy and how unwell it is going to go.
My wrap didn’t actually go as planned. I was disappointed. I am disappointed.


Darn good and sure of it,


adot

1 comment: