Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Regifting and Charity Donations

Back at school!! I wish I could still be calling this 'home' but unfortunatley the hostility is still running high and it is with great sadness that I announce the place I live two-thirds of the year does not feel like home anymore. Oh well, one benefit of being a hermit away from people is I can finally start to blog again!!

*cheers*

So, this year for christmas, I gave into the ever-growing phenomia of the infamous 'online shopping'. It is actually very handy, especially for lazy/busy studying students, like me, to find gifts for absolutely anyone. I found my sister a pair of used snowboarding boots off kijiji, had none other than my moma go and pick them up for me. I did not leave my living room. Then I got my mom, dad and bro a Heart and Stroke Lottery calendar shipped to my address back home where we would be having Christmas. I had my sister get the mail every single day until they came so no one would see what they were getting. That time, I didnt leave the library. Handy, this online shopping!

I made little bags of jujubes and chocolate chips tied in a bow for all my housemates, and then decided to get them each something from Plan Canada. I chose baby chicks (cheapest thing I could afford, plus trying to off sest the accusations that I'm racist, haha) and attached a chick I drew to the card with a tag that read "+ a baby chick to help support a family in need".

We came back after the break and I tried to explain what the chick was to Ca. without going too much above her elementary skill level. Her facial expressions and body language made me fell stupid for even trying to explain that "No, sorry. I did not buy YOU the chick" you little selfish selfish child! She made it seem like it was a very useless gift to her as she could not see it.

SURPRISE!! On the contrary to your 'useless' nail dryer you got me for Christmas, it came in very handy: I regifted it. 

Ahhhh burn.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment