Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

wuuuv

It happened in a Metro station in Montreal ...........

There were protesters on the concourse handing out pamphlets on
the evils of Canada . I politely declined to take one.

An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young
(20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely
declined. The young protester put her hand on the woman's
shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said,
 'Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?'

The elderly woman looked up at her and said,
 'Honey, my father died during World War I, I lost my husband in World War II, I lost a son in Korea , and a grandson in Afghanistan . All fought and died so you could have the freedom to stand here and bad mouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your ass and open it.'


................God Bless Canada !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment