Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Reward!!!

Great success!! (Borat voice)


I have been rewarded. I am happy to announce, last night, Krystina, my wonderful roommate washed my dinner dishes for me!! It must be because I was recently very angry at her for the mess she left that I had to clean up on the weekend she is such a good person and likes and respects me so much that she would, willingly, wash up my one plate .


THAT WASN’T EVEN MY REWARD!!

The landlord of the company-run townhouse complex I live in, came to my door this afternoon. I complain to him a lot know him very well, even though he is the 3rd landlord we have had since May 2011.

WHAT WAS MY REWARD???

We keep our unit very clean, unlike some of the other students, soooo he wants to show our unit to the big boss guys who own the company!!! I like to call it show-and-tell for dummies. This is the same company who made us go through hell with nothing accomplished for the first 6 months until we got MC as our present landlord. They lost 3 of my ‘October’ rent cheques, made us wait a month with a broken washing machine that was filled with water, and the list goes on. We are not a fan of them, clearly.


THE REWARD???

The pride that all my cleaning was noticed!!

THAT’S NOT ALL!!!

They, this new Nazi regiment, want to send someone to ‘clean and tidy’ this place, and ‘touch up the pain around the light switches’ and ‘freshen up the place’.

I don’t know how I feel about this, the last time someone came to ‘clean’ this house, they did a fantastically horrible job. So much for moving into a nice new unit, there was disgustingness left all over this place, we had to clean it ourselves. We got $100 compensation for the cleaning, but still.


Okay, it was great that you want to show our house, but I thought all this was supposed to be done when we moved in. Maybe they might finally touch up the other spots on the walls too!?! We have been waiting for this day since we moved in!!

A little over a month until our lease is up, and they finally fix my house. COOL, GUYS.

 Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have someone else clean my house, too bad it’s still not one of the other girls lifting a finger. But excuse my scepticism; these people are not to be trusted.

No, no I cant just accept the free cleaning, I must always be difficult and over-analyze... I much rather my mailbox be fixed after some dumbo kicked in our lock.



Darn sceptical and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment