Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Will you be mine?

First of all, I do not belong to anyone cept my daddy, so NO I may not be yours... And when I answer the question just as I did, NO I still will not be yours even if it is just a 'cute saying'.

I do not understand the meaning or need for Valentine's Day. Okay, I get the fact that in this century, more and more people are losing their overall sentimentality, and thus, need this extra one day a year tacked on to their birthday and Christmas, to treat their significant other to something fancy/romantic/over-priced.

Really, it is the price that gets me. They are still going to have sex like they do every Tuesday night, but it just cost them half their pay check (well that's how it is with my roommates).  Those who long for the infamous 'Valentine', but end up along on the 14th of February, are still going to sit, alone, and watch chick-flicks like they usually do on Tuesday night and pig out on chocolates...They probably won't wait for the day after when it is all on sale, like I'm going to do (I will, of course, minus the self-pity).

My grandfather makes my grandmother breakfast in bed EVERY DAY and opens every door for her where ever they go. I bet back when they were my age, they didnt buy each other giant stuffed frogs from walmart for $30 on the 14th of February. My grandmother told me that, no matter what, they would wait until 2 days after Valentine's Day to treat themselves to a special evening. Why? Because Valentine'd Day was too busy and over-priced, and the day after is for when all the people who forgot to make reservations or had to work, etc., and by the 16th, they can finally go out and celebrate being together. They could even tell people they have been out every night since Valentine's Day and pretend to be rich like that... only my family...


By the sound of it, Valentines day was made up by a child molester-eater who would pass overly-loving love notes from Walmart to all the children in the class, then buy them plush toys to collect dust while stuffing them with heart-shaped chocolates and cinnamon hearts before throwing them in fondue pot to slow-roast.

(When I think about it like that, eww)

Anyways, if you have a Valentine, or even to your family or close friends, remember this:
People do not buy cards to say how they fell, they buy them because they cant. They buy into  the service that lets them off the hook.
Make your own cards, children. Tell your significant other how you really feel- thank you for spoiling me on this one day a year, or leave the goddamn toilet seet down you momma's boy. And, do not pass out 'I love you' cards to every boy/girl in the class. I will think you are a little whore, and my opinion matters.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment