Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

5-Star Quality

I was woken up to the beautiful March light streaming into my eyeballs as I was trying to sleep. It was absolutely a gorgeous sight- outside, not me. I just wanted to hop out of my 3-story window and go and play outside with the bugs and newly budding trees, like I would if I was at home, and about 12 years younger.

In reality, I had to shower and head to the library for some lab prep.

I was happy happy about the weather and my life when I went to hop in for a quick shower. I was so happy about the dayI forgot to turn off my alarm…again…bt that’s besides the point of our 5-star shower.

I was showering away, when I noticed my feet were getting a bath at the same time as my hair was being conditioned. In fact, this whole ordeal was up to my ankles.

How great!? A foot bath while I wash the rest of me!

I continued on with my lovely day, and off to the library I went.
This afternoon, I got a message from Krystina, who informed me that our bath tub was clogged.

Clogged!! I Just finished unclogging it last month!

I was dumbfounded! How could it be clogged and me not even know about it?

“Didn’t you shower this morning?”

“Yeah…Oh wait… My feet had a bath, I thought it was giving me the 5-star treatment.”


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely hate it when my shower does this. Sick. Glad you put a positive spin on your "foot bath."

    ReplyDelete