Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Some things just don't last forever

I am referring to my wonderful room arrangement.

I am not a very good navigator, so my descriptions as to where things are might be confusing...

I use my super-huge-make-me-feel-important desk as a headboard to the very old, squeaky bed that Jillian's kind family gave too poor old me last year. I designed the cupboard-box (designing a box...great achievement) that goes along the wall on the other side of my bed, then spray-painted it black to match my big, important desk. I think it looks cool, but the only thing is, this is the only way my furniture can ever be situated.
Yep, Buzz and Woody guard my bed, and yes, tat is a hippopotamus that my brother got me for christmas. You cannot tell that I have 14 layers of blankets on my bed, though. One is a quilt and another is a douvet, the rest are blankets and one, get this, is a sheet with air planes on it. If you know a little boy, age 5, let me know cuz we can be best friends.

...In case you didnt believe me about the sheets. OH LOOK, a Toy Story pillow case!! I wonder how that got there...


I'm okay with that, though. I'm not "one of those" who weekly must switch it up. In fact, if you move anything in my room, I will most definitely trip over it on my way to the washroom at 4am.

Not only that, but my very narrow, long room doesn't allow for much spontaneity in the furniture category. It took weeks of planning to figure out where I was going to put my little mirror-desk contraption for best spatial arrangement.
My mirror-desk contraption. It is a mirror on top of the desk leaning against the wall. Oh, that Toy Story calendar...I'm holding it for a friend...

And really, how else can I situate my super cute reading area with my super cute old-granny rocking chair. Oh yeah, I painted that black, too, to match my giganto, efficient desk, cupboard-box and tablecloth covered mirror-desk contraption.
My cubby. My love.

The thing is, I have everything in my room perfect right now. Why would I put something somewhere that it is not perfect for? Therefore, why would I ever need to move my room around??

Oh yeah, I'm moving in a month :(



Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment