Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 5 March 2012

Watch out Apple, I`m gonna be the next Cookie

It's official, I am a techy.

All these years in school and I have done pretty good for my myself- finding groups of nerds who still need one more group member. They know their way all around a computer, and YouTube, and Windows Media Maker. I always end up being the one to bring cookies and other store-bought snacks to the group meetings and have all the great ideas that never seemed to end up 'working out'.

For all you non-techies out there, here is some advice from a newly acclaimed (well, I'm claiming) genius:

1.  If you don't know what to do, YouTube it.
2.  If those dumb 'tutorials' that come with the software don't help you, google it.
3.  If you ever have to do a similar project again, you're toast.
4.  Before you become toast, find a friend who knows anything about anything and give them cookies to help you. After all, cookies are, all around, better than toast.

I sincerely hope that helps.

For one of my classes, we had to make a video and put it on YouTube for the rest of the class to see and learn from. We chose to do Communication in Healthcare, specifically prompting techniques in listening (not important). Anyways, the story of why I became the editor.

The convenience of being in a group with my housemates was very enticing. It has been very windy here and I didn't want to be blown away if I stepped outside to join another group. I'm not that inconsiderate that I would limit my group choices because of the weather, after all, they can always come to my house for some almost-fresh cookies. Unfortunately, my expensive high-tech video camera, the same one that still has videos on it from the Olympics, February 2010, was a deciding factor. My group chose me, signed me up, and decided we were using my camera.

Okay, you aren't getting cookies.

I started some of the project on my own, the full extent including the title and what each person's name was going to be in the skits. The entire project would become my slightly hazy, lopsided vision causing me to do more work than Steven Harper has done in his lifetime.

That's what you get for having 'the vision'. That's what they called it anyway. I think it was their excuse to break out the cookies and watch me struggle plugging the camera into the computer.

I will share with you the master piece. I did everything for this project except the voice-music balancing. That's because I didn't know how to, therefore, it remains not done.

Watch out, world, adot is going to be changing her name to some form of `Steve` because all Steve`s are smart- Steve Jobs, Stephen Hawking, my uncle Steve who is in Africa escaping OSAP loans (I presume), Stephen.....Harper (lol). Forget Apple, no one wants fruit, I`m naming my aspiring company Cookies!

Whuud up 2 Harper mentions in one post. Did you forget I was Canadian, eh...


Darn good and sure of it,


adot

No comments:

Post a Comment