Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 17 April 2012

The 6th Sense

Now, I have seen the move 'Sixth Sense' a few times now. The first of which, I was in grade 3, and I almost died when someone left a cupboard open for about 8 years following.

According to that movie, the 6th sense is "I see dead people". I still don't understand what part of the body that seeing dead people requires. Seeing, you require eyes, hearing is ears, and a layer of cells with neuron receptors are needed to detect touch. Plain and simple.

Anyhow, since there are 6 senses, I thought I would make it right. The 6th sense is common sense and it requires the brain. It requires you to use all the other senses that you, as an able-bodied human, have evolved to understand. You are able to live without one, or multiple of the other senses and your body learns to cooperate with you and you learn, or grow up with the coping of the world to your abilities.

Unfortunately, common sense doesn't work like this. The degrees of common sense vary from person to person, my grandfather having the least of anyone (he wouldn't mind me saying that, we are coping with his Parkinson's). Right next to him of the common sense negative spectrum would be my roommates.

If you have the ability to see the mess on the counter, and feel the stickiness, and smell the fish chunks pushed into the cracks, and hear my sorrows, then you should wipe it up. Any normal person, with an average degree of common sense, would agree with me when I say, we need to clean that up before we get infested with bugs that we will be tasting in the middle of the night, when they crawl into our mouths.

I am a firm believer that there is a very thin line, in this situation, between laziness and stupidity to common sense. These girls are pushing the boundaries. I yelled to the world, when I got home from my exam, CLEAN THE COUNTERS CLEAN THE COUNTERS as I wiped up the mess described above- no exaggerations.

Oh, but they meant to but then forgot. So if you were going to walk across the street, but a car was coming and you walked anyways, because you forgot, would that be alright?

Moral of the story: I think my roommates can see dead people. Oh, and have no brains..


Darn good and sure of it,


adot

No comments:

Post a Comment