Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Saturday, 14 April 2012

I Love Toilet Paper

"Do I need to buy toilet paper, or is anyone hoarding some in their room?"

That was the text I woke up to a few days ago. It seems that we are burning through the toilet paper like my roommate, Angelica, did first semester of first year. Anyways, everyone knows I have a huge stash of toilet paper and paper towels in my room because, if you know me, you know that there is nothing like a sale. 

So, yes, no duh do I have toilet paper, so that text was basically telling me I have to refill the stash under the sink.

There is one problem. No one here knows how to use toilet paper properly. I'm thinking I should deprive them of itr until they learn the ways of the toilet paper world. For one, if you are running low, you have to put a roll within arms reach so the one in need has access to it. Using your hands to wipe gets old after about the 12th time in a row. And another, the toilet paper must come OVER THE TOP OF THE ROLL. It looks so much better, and it is just so much easier. It is a very essential concept in the toilet paper industry. 

At least in living with Angelica, she knew these essential ways. I never ever had to change the toilet paper roll as it was always perfectly full. However, if you were to look under the bathroom sink, our stash would be depleting faster than the line of Hummers burn through gas. I swear, I bought more toilet paper living with her, than my mother buys for 7 people. 

Living with Jillian the following semester, we laughed every time we had to change the toilet paper roll. We knew that Angelica was probably either eating or excreting waste so messily that she just went through a pack of 12 when we went through one roll. However, that one roll was placed beside the toilet prior to the previous roll running out, then the new roll was put on with the paper coming over the top of the roll. 

Now, the 3 other girls I share a washroom with (Krista, Krystina and Amelia), are way less OCD than all my other bathroom-mates in my life. They dont care about the art of toilet paper, thus, I lose my mind and I have to call for someone to bring me a roll of toilet paper from my room.

I have 10 days left until exams are over, and Instead of stressing over Biochem, I am stressing over toilet paper. Wow.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

1 comment: