Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 17 April 2012

My Baby!

I have the best Daddy in the whole entire world.

I called home yesterday to ask if they would be able to come and pick me up and help move my stuff to my new apartment in 11 days. In the background, I heard a muffling noise. I instantly knew that it was my baby!

Meat Penelope aka Penny
My wonderful amazing father has already taken out the interior and moved the gas tank to inside the car. He has put on some of the brackets, and by the time I get home from school, he will have the car all ready for me to paint. I am soooo thankful for him doing all this for me, even though I am not there to be his tool-handing, coffee-fetching, break-taking girl.

I asked him why he did all this for me,instead of waiting until I was there to help him, and he said, "You are sending me on a cruise when you get home, didn't I tell you?"


Darn good and sure of it,


adot

No comments:

Post a Comment