Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 9 April 2012

My Sick Ride

When I was 17, my dad got me a car for my birthday. Before you go all "oh-my-goodness-she-is-so-spoiled" on me, I would like to clear things up. My dad got the car for free, and it would never pass the E-test (it wasn't road worthy). Since it wasn't road worthy, I painted her all up, and here it is:

Front hood

Drivers side- car on the trailer

Passenger side

Roof
You know how they say to not buy a really nice car for your first car because you will end up smashing it in the end...well that is an understatement!

My car
I am an amazing driver, aren't I? If you ever need coaching to back into a parking space, or how to clear the curb in a three point turn, come to me. No seriously, I am a good driver.

I can't afford insurance, so what the hell am I supposed to do with a car??

My first car, the Pontiac Sunfire, named Sunflower, was thee best car ever. I put in in the Schomberg fair Demolition derby in 2010 and got best paint job, and WON FIRST IN MY HEAT coming third place overall being pulled out of my car after it was too smashed.

Demolition derby: like adult bumper cars, except you use real cars in a ring. 

My 2 Trophies on my car

Like father (and grandfather), like daughter!

Now, for my 20th Birthday, I asked for another car for my birthday. Since the price of steel has basically surpassed gold, I pitched in and bought this baby yesterday:

The new sexy beast
I named her Penelope. Why? Penny is short for Penelope, and since Canada has announced they are discontinuing the penny aka destroying the penny, I will, too, destroy the Penny.

I will not be doing Toy Story again as my theme, however I am unsure as to which theme to do:
1.)  "On the Farm" which is the theme of the Schomberg fair this year, or
2.)  Tweety bird and Sylvester from Loony Toons

I'M SO OVERLY EXCITED I DON'T WANT TO STUDY FOR MY FINALS!!!


Darn good and sure of it,

adot






No comments:

Post a Comment