Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Proudest Sisterly Moment

Yesterday, my sister, Jean, donated 11 long inches of her beautiful blonde hair to cancer.
I am so proud of her to do this. Recently, one of our friends whom we play broomball with donated 16 inches, and shaved her head for cancer. She is the best-looking bald person I have ever known, and the bravest 18 year old! PROPS!

I am an organ donor, and I think everyone should be. However, my long blonde hair going to someone else to make a wig just weirds me out for some reason.

I have been told by both Jillian and Nicole that I am going to be their future God-Mother of their children. I don't know if it is because I would be a good mother, or for the guarantee that if their liver was what was failing them, I would give up a lobe of mine just so they don't leave me children to take care of. (Not a huge fan of children). I could also live without a kidney or stem cells or other stuff I have 2 of or is not that important. However, my hair is very important to me, and not just that it has to be long so I look older than 15, but because it's mine and other people can see it. No one can see my stem cells, I would gladly donate them, and I would do it tomorrow if the procedure wasn't so risky for myself.

I might sound a little insensitive, but yous should still know: On the back of my donor card, I said to take my hair as well.


Darn good and sure of it,


adot


No comments:

Post a Comment