Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 2 April 2012

The Shower

We have this really squeaky bathtub that is located in my bedroom.
Sort of to scale layout of the upstairs
Do you notice how the whole entire bathroom is basically invading my room? Whenever anyone showers, it sounds like a super crazy thunderstorm. The water that is shooting out and the creaking of the bathtub itself is super loud. 

Last semester, Amelia had class at 8am 4 days a week, and she would shower at 6:15am. The first few weeks of school, I was woken up by a heart attack at that exact time, every day. I slowly got used to the routine, and I could eventually sleep through the shower at 6:15am. However, as soon as that routine changed, I was woken up again by heart attacks whenever someone would shower after I had fallen asleep. 

Krystina has placement on Tuesdays, but she usually showers at night, then washes her hair in the sink in the morning. She gets up at 5am, and one day, she decided to do laundry at that time. 

When we were little, and we soiled our beds, my mother would throw a load of laundry on in the middle of the night. I thought something happened, causing her to have to wash her bedding or something, so I jumped out of bed, and ran in to check if everything was okay. She chuckled and said, "yeah, I'm fine, I just need clothes for after placement tonight. Go back to bed". Go back to bed, sure! Go back to sleep? Ain't happening with someone running the washing machine. 

Last night, Kristina and Amelia came back from a party (yes, on a Sunday night) at around 1:30pm. Since Krystina showers at night, she continued to shower her drunk body while I was trying to sleep. Since she was a little intoxicated, she walked up and down the bathtub like she was in a marathon. I would WD-40 the bathtub to stop it from squeaking, but that would honestly not help. 

Instead, I plotted her murder as I pondered if she would notice if I turned off the hot water.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's a good revenge! haha
    I have an award for you :) visit my blog for more about it.
    soicreatedablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete