Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 28 May 2012

Squares who like squares

I worked incredibly hard for the past few weeks, painting up my car, Penelope, and putting the final mechanical touches for the derby. This is the first day that I have actually been able to sit down for a few minutes after work and go on the computer. The first thing I did was check my billing information and make sure everything is going smoothly with my utilities. Then I applied for a MasterCard; the one with Airmiles. Then I applied for Airmiles. Then I checked my blogs. Lots of exciting things have been happening around here, but so many that I don't have time to document them. I don't use the blog as a procrastination technique anymore because I have nothing to procrastinate.

I do have one interesting finding that I thought the world should know. Schomberg Fair attendees are mostly square. I googled "square" on UrbanDictionary, and it means lame. I may have interpreted that definition a bit, but nonetheless, they are square. Why? They like boxes.

Explanation:

I painted my Sunflower with super awesome Looney Tunes characters and spent a lot of time perfecting each one. I coated it with polyurethane, the hardwood floor sealer, and I even painted their eyes with a glow-in-the-dark gloss the night before the races.

Princess, the girl whom I know not their name but know they like pink, painted her car pink. Then she stuck a pink box on the top, taped a few pink Gatorade bottles on the box, and called it a `Transformer`.

Guess who won best paint job and, hint, IT WASN'T ME.

It appears that people who attended the Schomberg fair, and did not vote for my magnificent, hand-drawn paint job, are squares because they like squares.

My car. It even got posted to Twitter by the MC before the races it was so awesome.
Princess' car. Even though you are supposed to ONLY have your number on the white driver's side door...
Oh well, I'm not so bitter about it, because it wouldn't even start to move it out of the ring so she couldn't compete in the demo part. My mechanic is better. Love you daddy <3. 4th place overall is pretty good, but we'll get 'em next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment