Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Frats and Signs and Hitting Frats with Signs

Souvlaki is our house name that we made up when accidentally slurring words to make a combination of our names. Our motto is "Sharing is Caring" because that is the way Jillian and I lived first year, and we have adopted Nicole into this way as well.
Taylor Swift is not allowed because she is a disgrace to good ole country music and her choices in publicity and music type have won her the right to be the hero of 8 year olds, but none other.
It is also a cat free zone. You cant read the bottom here, but it says "including kittens and people who look like cats". I dont know why the bottom says what it does, but I dont like cats, so that is the rationale behind this sign.
We were watching a commercial for a movie and this came up as a cheer. We loved the cheer and made signs for behind our dining room table.
In my procrastinations one day, I found a sight that had a whole bunch of random Latin translated phrases. I liked this one that, in English, reads "Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn". This one is on my door. 






All of the above are our neighbours above us. There is an elephant, hippo, rhino, sumo wrestler, whale and buffalo. 

Our neighbours belong to some frat which I don't understand. (a.) frats in Canada are just weird, and (b.) frats having giant orgies are also weird.  I don't know what they do, but every night they play Dance Dance Revolution-Stomp Style. I haven't seen or heard any ambulances come, but pretty sure, they could have come through the floor. 

It might be because I don't understand frats, or I am a bit ignorant on the topic, but lets just call it 'biased'. I hate frats. Especially the ones that live above me in a townhouse complex. The way people explain them, it is 'paying for your friends', but if your friends are putting you in a headlock while doing a body slam on you at 3 in the morning, I wouldn't be paying them, I would be suing them.

They are nice guys, though. They have a BBQ right outside our shared doorway and we neighbourly greet them when we see them. We have been invited to one of their huge parties that starts at like 6pm and go until 11pm, then everyone is gone. Weirdest thing. It's like they kick everyone out because it is WWE practice session time. Then, at precisely 9am their music and loud chatter starts all over again.

You know what. It is American Thanksgiving, and in the spirit of "Thanks", I would like to say they are better than the neighbours last year who tried to beat down our door in the middle of the night, after trying to assault Jillian. In the spirit of Thanksgiving- Black Friday edition, though, I want to hit them with a toaster.  


Darn good and sure of it,

adot




No comments:

Post a Comment