Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Living in Student City

I feel like I am playing hot potato with my living situation! I sign a lease, move into the place, school starts, then I have to decide where I am going to live for the next year. The time has come, again, where I have to decide what I will do with my life for another year.

In the past 3 years, I lived with 1 or more females. First year it was Bianca and Jillian in residence. Bianca was first year, first semester, but she was boring, and the opportunity arose to move rooms when Jillian, a girl I met through Krystina at the gym, was going to be roommate-less. She "drove her roommate out of the country" is what we like to say. Then I happily lived with Jillian with no problems for the remainder of the year.

Last year, there were 6 of us living in one townhouse. Always busy, always fun, almost always dramatic. I learned that I could not live with certain people from that house, so I signed a least with 2 of the girls I thought I could get along with. We signed the lease with the intentions of staying in the same place for the remainder of our time in this city.

Times have changed and Nicole can no longer live with us next year due to her placement setting, so we will have to move again. I think this is for the better because I think she is really starting to get annoyed with everything I say to her (why? I dont know, she's a girl).

Anyways, so the plan is to try and find a place for 5. Jillian and I and 3 boys- one gay- Mario, Luigi and Chow. I already know that Jillian and I can get along really well, and I am hoping that these boys will cause less drama than the previous girls I have lived with.

I am sort of excited at this chance for change.

Post on living with females vs males to follow...


Darn good and sure of it,

adot


No comments:

Post a Comment