Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Paranoid Self Defense

I honestly have the weirdest roommates.

I play hockey at school, and I almost played boomball this year for the city in which my school is located. However, it was hosted at the furthest arena which happens to be in the most sketch section of town. I honestly don't know why I'm so surprised it's in sketchville central... It IS broomball. Anyways, I opted out from playing, but  I still have my equipment with me.

Whenever anyone is home alone in the house, my roommates seem to think they are more safe if, on to of the front door being locked, they also lock their bedroom door, and borrow my boomball stick to keep with them if they have to go to the washroom.

There have even been instances where I came home and Jillian had my boom and Nicole had my spare hockey stick in their rooms.

I guess I'm a hypocrite to be judging them when I have a bat under my bed all the time. Especially since I don't play baseball, I just brought the bat for the reason of paranoid self defense.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment