Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Winter With Roommates

Over the passed few years, I have developed some slightly fanatical and idealistic ways to dealing with my roommates. Recently, aka this morning, I noticed that Nicole was still changing the thermostat up a degree and a half when I would go in my room, or leave for class. I'm not looking forward to the gas bill for over the holiday when she was the only one here for a week and a bit.

Anyways, I came up with this cleaver idea to take out the batteries from the thermostat, and that way, no one would be able to turn it up. I would draw a "20.5" on the thermostat and no one would know why it wouldn't change no matter what they did. Then, I realized. Our pipes would burst because the furnace would never turn on. And by "our pipes" I don't mean the copper piping that supplies the water for "our" extremely hot showers, but rather all the "pipes" running through the body's of Nicole and Jillian: 2 females who have never heard of a blanket.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment