Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 4 February 2013

Impending Doom of Food Poisoning

I learned something very valuable today, I thought I would share it with whoever reads my blog, including me every few months when I run out of other things to do when procrastinating.

I was at the library all day working hard and studying. I came home and I was starving. I swear my stomach was eating itself and I was internally bleeding and I was going to pass out from hypoglycemia after all my limbs fell off and I went brain dead. Dramatic, but hungry.

I took out a piece of chicken that you cook from frozen for 30 minutes in the oven, then I partitioned off my baking tray and put some sweet potato in with it. 30 minutes later, I made my plate and ate up. Half way through eating my chicken, I realized it was still cold in the middle. It was still a good 75% cold.

Damn. I was so hungry, I didn't even bother to kill the campylobacter and salmonella off my chicken before inhaling it. Now, because I was rushing so much because (a) have to study and (b) because I didn't eat all day, I have been put back with the great regret that I may get food poisoning.

Man, I'm clearly not the brightest.

Today I learned you have to have balance in your life. Equal parts studying, sleeping and eating. If anything gets out of balance, you could die. Die of food poisoning. Dramatic, but seriously.

That would be a horrible death. I hope, over the years, I have built up my immunity to things like this. I hope I will be okay... I spent 18 years of my life eating my mother's cooking and I survived.


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

No comments:

Post a Comment