Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Cheese Predicament

This has nothing to do with the A to Z Challenge I have been working on, but cheese has just come to my attention. I have a huge problem which involves cheese. Before you get all flabbergasted on me, it has nothing to do with my abilities to tolerate cheese in my body. The "problem" does not involve me sitting here flatulent or whatever an overdose of cheese does to you. I have an extremely difficult decision coming up, and I just don't know what I will do!

You see, cheddar cheese, is all firm and easy to cut. It has a lovely taste when (and if ever) you cook with it. It really brings out a nice taste when paired with jam and thrown on some bread.

Marble cheese tastes much better on its own. By "own its own" I totally meant "with crackers". You don't really taste it in sandwiches nor does it bring out any exciting flavors when paired with apples as a snack.

Before anyone goes all "fancy-shmancy" on me, I am talking about CrackerBarrel blocked cheese, or its cheaper equivalent. I could never purchase the more expensive cheeses because that leads to more upgrades including the more expensive crackers, and lets face it, my plate is currently a paper towel.

I really don't know what cheese to choose. I have to wait until they come on sale, but when they do, I don't know what I will do. Perhaps I will stick to taking a block of whatever my mother has in her fridge. That's like, 100% off family discount!

Or I could just let my milk turn into cheese like it did the last time...


Darn good and sure of it,

adot

4 comments:

  1. Take the kind they put on pizza... that's the only cheese worth consuming if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm all melt-y with pepperonis on top. I just got hungry again!

      Delete
  2. I DO have a cheese problem--I want cheese at every meal! I will take any cheese, any time, any where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I just ate apple slices that grew some mold on them. They tasted like cheese. Recipe: leave apple slices in the fridge of 3 days then eat them in the library. Though, I do think this "cheese" is even less healthy for you than Kraft "cheese singles"...

      Delete