Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Monday, 3 June 2013

Leibster Award!

I would like to thank Just Ermie for the Leibster Award she just gave me. I have gotten a Leibster Award before, but I still haven’t learned much about them. I also don’t think I knew many people on the interwebs with a blog back then. I will try and do better this time!

I write some things on my blog so I can remember what I do during school and/or learn new things, and I am just glad that some people are also learning and enjoying my blog too!

In order to accept, I have to:
  • Post the award to your blog.
  • Thank the nominator and link back to their blog.
  • Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions that the nominator has asked.
  • Nominate 11 fellow bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
  • Make up 11 original questions for your nominees to answer.

11 Random Facts About Me
  1. I have ran 4 cars in Demolition Derbies and won 4 trophies/cash prizes.
  2. I sometimes sit outside in my lawn chair and study with my pellet gun on my lap to shoot at the red squirrels. They annoy me. I have horrible aim though.
  3. I have seen every episode of Untold Stories of the ER.
  4. I don’t know how to burp (unless I am vomiting).
  5. I have a tattoo on my wrist that says “imagine”.
  6. I dream about living in a trailer on a large piece of land by myself.
  7. I have a birthmark on my upper thigh that my parents used to think was poop when I was a baby. Too much information?
  8. I really really really want to see Dolly Parton live in concert and go to Dollywood. Like, really. Like, top of bucket list, really.
  9. I am a clean freak. I got the gene from my mother.
  10. My name is not really adot. I made it my “gangsta” name for my blog.
  11. I have 10 fingers and 10 toes. Pretty normal person.


Answers to the 10 Questions Just Ermie Asked

1.  If you could travel back in time, where and when would you go?
I would go back in time when families were self-sufficient and caught and cooked their own food and built their own houses and children kept themselves entertained with their imagination and maybe a stick or some stones.

2. What is your greatest undiscovered talent?
It is currently undiscovered.

3. What is your biggest D.I.Y. failure?
I tried to back my dad’s truck and trailer back through our forest last week and ran into a tree. The tree was hurt, but not the trailer. That was a failure. Maybe not the biggest…

4. What is your favourite book of all time?
I’m not a huge reader, but I really liked Little Princes or Stones into Schools. I like non-fiction political science-y books about something with more than just political science in it… if that makes sense. There are few books in that specific genre I can find.

5. If you could be a famous literary character, who would you be?
Winston from 1984. But only for a few minutes, then I would probably become too paranoid I am being watched. I feel like it would help me deal with living with my parents for the rest of the summer.

6. What is your most extravagant purchase?
I’m a student. I would say the chocolate milk that I bought on sale last week at Shopper’s was extravagant. When I was 18 my friend and I decided to buy tickets to go to the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. That was the most expensive and extravagant thing I have bought in my entire life.

7. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
Well… I thought giving my dad a car for Father’s Day last year to enter it into a derby was pretty kind, but then he took it to the scrap yard in return for $150. That doubles as the saddest thing my father has ever done.

8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Don’t know. I haven’t been enough places in the world to make an educated decision. I found a roommate for Burk’s Falls, Ontario, Canada, though.

9. If you could do any job you wanted, what would you do?
A MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST, DUH!! I don’t do University for pleasure. Actually, I really want to work for Doctors Without Borders or another agency to be placed in Northern Canada as a Lab scientist. But I will have to pay back my student line of credit and OSAP back first…that may take 150 years…

10. What is the best thing about being you?
If I told yah, I’d have to kill yah.

11. If you could change one event in history, what would it be?
Hmmm…

People I Decided to Nominate (in no order of preference):
  1.  Medic2RN at Ramblings of an ER Nurse – because the stories are quite interesting
  2. Susan Barclay at Notes from Innisfree – because I learned a lot about historical Canadians during the A to Z Challenge
  3. Ron at Portable Sunshine – because I liked reading about medical schooling in another country (its been a while since the last post, though!)
  4. Sofia at Sofia’s Blog – also because it is interesting to read about life and schooling in other countries (also been a while since the last post!)
  5. Rylie Sandorf at The Life of Ry – because, honestly, your life sounds hilarious
  6. Colie at The Colie Chronicles – because she is so good at telling stories
  7. Allison at Time Out – because I found her during A to Z Challenge and lives far away and life far away sounds interesting
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?

Yah, I don't know who else I could give this to... 

11 Questions They Have to Answer:
  1. Cat or Dog or Alpaca?
  2. Do you have any allergies?
  3. Say you won $10 000 000 dollars, what would you do with it? (it was going to be 1 000 000, but $1 000 000 doesn’t go very far anymore)
  4. Where is the furthest place you have traveled to?
  5. What is your favorite song?
  6. What do you spend the greatest percentage of your waking time doing: sitting, standing, or standing?
  7. Would you live a year without technology?
  8. Do you have any piercings or tattoos or rebel-marks?
  9. What direction does your bedroom window face? (that wasn’t supposed to be so creepy)
  10. Are you aware of your own health?
  11. Do you have a favorite phrase or word?

Darn good and sure of it,

adot

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination and congratulations to you!
    I did answer the questions on my blog. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello adot! thank you for giving this award! I'm glad you find nursing here in the Philippines interesting :)) I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I'll write one soon!!! :) I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete