Leeuwenhoek had stolen and peeped into the fantastic sub-visible world of little things, creatures that had lived, had bred, had battled, had died, completely hidden from and unknown to all men from the beginning of time. Beasts these were of a kind that ravaged and annihilated whole races of men ten million times larger than they were themselves. Beings these were, more terrible than fire-spitting dragons or hydra-headed monsters. They were silent assassins that murdered babies in warm cradles and kings in sheltered places. It was this invisible, insignificant, but implacable-and sometimes friendly- world Leeuwenhoek had looked into for the first time of all men of all countries. ~Microbe Hunters

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

2014 A to Z Challenge


Sooooooo!!! It seems like just yesterday it was A-Z Challenge, but apparently it has been a whole year! The A to Z Challenge gives me a reason to come on here and post something, so this year, I will use it to procrastinate, yet again. My theme this year will be Reasons to Travel to Nepal because this May, I will be traveling to Nepal to volunteer for a while which I am really excited about. I have a separate blog for my Nepal shenanigans, but I don't want to bother my grandmother's old lady friends with a post every day that they will subsequently get in their already confusing inbox. (You can check it out here if you are interested.)

If you are interested in the A to Z Challenge for this year, click here to sign up!

Darn good and sure of it,

adot

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm just dropping by early to check out A-Z participants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to visit Nepal, so I'm looking forward to your posts!

    Visiting via A-Z Challenge. You might like my theme - it's film/TV/Sci-fi one. Come check it out. ;)
    http://kincavelkorner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care about Nepal but I sure love your Eff-ed Up section. I am soooo going to follow your blog based on that!

    Susan
    www.freezerburned-suddenlysusan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete